Every relationship is different and this is true of abusive relationships. However, as well as actual physical violence there are some common signs that your relationship is unequal or abusive. These include:
- Your partner being jealous or over possessive,
- You feeling nervous about how your partner might react of you tell them something difficult,
- Your partner blaming you for when they get angry,
- You being frightened to see certain friends of family members because of your partners views of them,
- Your partner embarrassing you in front of family or friends,
- You feeling out of control,
- Your partner never praising you for your achievements,
- Feeling that you can’t do anything right most of the time,
- Your partner keeping you away from friends and family.
You can watch a video about the signs of domestic abuse here.