If I leave, where will I go?

There are many options. Some people stay with family members or friends until they can sort out alternative accommodation or get their partner removed from the property they’ve left. The local authority also has a duty to offer accommodation to anyone who is escaping violence or the threat of violence.

If you need additional support and a high level of security you could also consider moving to a refuge temporarily.