Close this search box.
Domestic Abuse and Covid-19

What happens if I or my child develop symptoms of Coronavirus when they are due to go to stay with my ex-partner?

It’s helpful to know what the symptoms are and to seek advice if necessary. The NHS Covid symptom checker provides guidance and can also provide a note for work: Government guidance is clear that if anyone has symptoms, they should self-isolate along with everyone in the household. It is important to keep up […]

Can my children still go and stay with my ex-partner during the Coronavirus outbreak?

Everyone must stay up to date with government “Stay at Home” guidance. It is understandable that in these circumstances you may feel anxious about allowing your child to move between households but, if you have child contact arrangements in place, there is an agreement that these should remain the same wherever possible. Andrew McFarlane, President […]

I am due to attend court. Will the trial still go ahead?

If you’re case is due to go to court this will be a very difficult time for you already. The added uncertainty caused by the current crisis will likely make you feel even more unsettled. To find out more about the arrangements for your case, you can contact the court. All courts are having to […]

Can I obtain a civil Order during the Coronavirus Outbreak?

It is still possible to obtain a civil order, such as a non-molestation order or an occupation order. The Courts are working differently to adapt to the rapidly changing situation. The courts and tribunal service provide the following information: “During this unprecedented public health emergency, it’s essential that our courts and tribunals continue to administer […]

Can I access support during this time?

IDAS and many other specialist agencies are still available to support survivors of domestic abuse or sexual violence. Our helpline continues to be available in addition to Live Chat on our website; you can also email if you have a query. If you have a worker already assigned to you, then they will have […]

If I need to leave, where can I go in a hurry?

Even though the country is in lockdown you can still leave your property if you need to do so because of abuse or violence.  If you are planning to leave you can talk to IDAS, another local service or the national domestic abuse helpline about refuge and emergency accommodation. It may be more difficult during […]

Will the police still come out if I report domestic abuse?

If you are at risk of serious harm or if you fear your partner and what they might do, you should always call 999. It is understandable that you might be worried about the Police’s response during this crisis. Every organisation is having to adapt to the changing circumstances; it is possible that there could […]

Close this search box.